Sleep well and energise your life, sleep allows your mind and body to rest, heal and renew. You will never enjoy your maximum energy potential if you don´t have enough sleep.
Staying up late and getting up early is an open invitation to stress, which weakens your immune system. Lack of sleep makes you irritable, lowers your concentration, affects your memory and, can even cause depression.
During menopause, life can be very stressful for women, especially if they have a home to take care of and a full-time job. This must be taken into account. Be sure to make time for yourself and especially in the evenings.
Prepare your things for the next day if you work outside the home, then relax and have some me-time, before bedtime. Sleep well and energise your life by sleeping restfully.
Here are a few tips and guidelines to help you get a better nights sleep:
- Aim to get up early and have an active day so that you´re really tired by the time you go to bed.
- If you are using ProgesterAll, then don´t forget a blog massaged into the soles of your feet will help you drift off as well.
- Establish a regular sleep pattern to ensure you get roughly the same amount of sleep each night.
- In the hour before you go to bed, make sure you concentrate on pleasurable, pampering activities that relax your body and soothe your mind. Stop any worked-related activities.
- Take a warm shower or relaxing bath. The warm water will raise your body temperature, making you more sleepy.
- Play some gentle music in the background to relax you. Soothing sounds, dolphins, or lapping waves.
- Don´t read or do anything that is work-related before bed or in bed.
- Don´t watch TV in bed or eat in bed, you will stimulate your mind and your stomach.
- Make sure your bedroom is comfortable. Not stuffy, not too cold, not too noisy or dusty.
- A hard bed or a bed that is too soft will affect your sleep, change your mattress, it’s well worth it.
- Avoid strenuous exercise before bed, but try relaxation exercises, such as simple deep breathing or stretching
- Drink herbal tea or chrysanthemum flower tea, linden blossom, a warm glass of milk, or simply hot water with lemon.
- Sprinkle lavender oil drops on the top of your pillow, a natural relaxing sedative, just before you get into bed.
Books and Products for Sleep Well and Energise your Life
There are some interesting books about sleep, a light-hearted book is something interesting and very helpful. Why not take a look at The Healing Power of Sleep
Lavender Oil is a beautiful relaxing oil and aids sleep too. This wonderful little book tells it all: The Amazing Effects of Lavender Oil
Buying the best oil is important too: Lavender Oil From Coral
Coral also recommends: Bergamot & Valeriana, available in a mixed oil – View Oil Blends
Our resident health expert Doctor Jose Mercola provides us with a wealth of health information for women during perimenopause and menopause.
Today we are looking at Sleeping Well and Energising our Life – many women suffer from insomnia or just don´t sleep well during menopause, this can on the other hand begin during perimenopause.