Head to toe care of your body – Hair
We know there will be changes, but if we are ready for them, we can prepare for them. Women often find they have very greasy or dry hair at this time of life. So using a good shampoo, conditioner and maybe a conditioning mask every now and then could help to keep your hair in tip-top condition. So how can we take care of our hair during menopause?
- Wash your hair no more than 3 times a week, washing it too often will strip it of natural oils
- If you use a conditioner, comb it through the ends, do not massage it on to the scalp
- Use a shampoo that is SLS free. Chemicals used in shower gels and shampoos are used to stop grease from garage floors,
- Your hair is delicate so use chemical-free shampoos, and remember, baby shampoos are not included in this list. They also contain SLS.
- Don´t brush or comb your hair harshly, treat it with care, wear a cap o sun hat in the sun, protect your head and hair.
- If you do colour your hair, then use a product with as little chemical as possible, ideally a henna type colour or ask the chemist.
- Try not to use too many products on your hair, if you need to keep it tidy, use a gentle hair spray, but one that brushes out.
- Using clips and flower bands can brighten you up, summer is around the corner, why not look out for some attractive clips for your hair now.
- Try different hairstyles to change your appearance, visit the hairdresser with a picture of what you like, she will advise you if it will suit you.
Soaps, Shampoos and creams by Vida Natura Skin Care – a selection of carefully chosen ingredients and with aromas to make you feel amazing
How to find a chemical-free shampoo that suits your hair type, change it every now and then
Dr Bonner´s pure castile soap and shampoo are highly recommended….find out more on their website
This week´s article from our resident health specialist
Menopause is nature’s way of signalling the end of child-bearing years. When you stop having your periods naturally, usually when you’re around 50 years old — the slow-down tends to be gradual.
The unique bio-identical therapy for women – ProgesterAll
How can Natural Balancing Cream help you? Find out more about ProgesterAll
What symptoms do you have?
Do you have migraine and tension headaches?
What about anxiety and depression, can ProgesterAll help?
Night Sweats and Hot Flushes, why do we have these?
Have you tried CBD Oil for hormone balance?
Who is Doctor John Lee? Find out more about this life-changing doctor.
Our products online – delivered to your home
Interesting articles for our readers
- A holistic approach to menopause and hormone balance
- Osteoporosis, is this a real issue for women in menopause?
- Weight loss during menopause, is it possible?
- Relationships in menopause, do our men deserve to know more?
- I have hot flushes, what can I do?
- Weight gain during menopause, what can we do about this?
- Hormonal Migraine and tension headaches, are they real?
- Anxiety and depression during perimenopause and menopause